The Lawrencian Calendar for April and beyond
Wednesday the 18th- Tune into Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm, for the good-est kinds of country music. Also, there are now 51 archived episodes on Mixcloud for your any-time enjoyment.
Saturday the 21st- The Velcro Lewis Group is playing RAW FEST at Live Wire (3349 N. Milwaukee Ave), with Bible Of The Devil, Gunpowder Gray, United Teachers Of Music, Dad And Steve, and Bad Taste. $10 adv, $12 day of. Doors at 8pm.
Sunday the 22nd- Im spinning country records for the Lumpen Record Swap, at the Co-Prosperity Sphere (3219-21 S. Morgan). The swap runs from 11am to 6pm. My set is from 3:30 to 4pm, preceded and followed by many DJ faves, such as Karin Fjellman, Glenn Russell, Emily Easton, and Joseph Buszek. Free!
Wednesday the 25th- its one of them country two-fers:
1. Set your dial to WLPN 105.5 FM for County, My Way, my weekly throw-down of country musics best. 4 to 6pm. Tell a friend.
2. Im spinning country records at Marias Package Goods (960 W. 31st St). You can now catch WLPN DJs every Wednesday night at this legendary local joint. 9pm to close. No cover.
Thursday the 26th- Check out The Mutant Hit Parade. Its my idea of the hits! Lotsa good times with krautrock, power pop, soul, post-punk, psych, new weirds. 4 to 6pm, the fourth Thursday of every month, on WLPN 105.5 FM.
Saturday, April 28th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit is playing the Annual Maypole Festival at the Empty Bottle (1035 N. Western Ave), with many local music buddies, including Al Scorchs Country Soul Ensemble, and Joybird, with Glass Mountain running a square dance. Starts at 2pm. We play at 6:25pm, for a 40 minute set. $15 for the day. Gonna be fun!
Wednesday the 2nd- Its one of them outtasight country two-fers:
1. Dont forget to set yer dial to WLPN 105.5 FM for Country, My Way. Classics and obscure tracks of honky tonk, bluegrass, outlaw country, western swing, countrypolitan
Tune in from 4 to 6pm every week, and kindly spread the word.
2. Make your way to The Sportsmans Club (948 N. Western Ave) for a night of killer country, all on vinyl. 10pm to close. No cover.
Thursday the 3rd- Im representing The Hideout in the 3rd annual BandWith Cocktail Clash, at The Peckish Pig (623 Howard St, Evanston). Ill be competing with a bunch of Chicagos mightiest bartenders, to make the winning drink. Come by and be my rooting section, and get some of those drinks in you. Should be a good time, and its for a good cause. 6:30 to 9pm. Get yer tix.
Wednesday the 9th- Youll want to tune in to WLPN 105.5 FM for Country, My Way. Get yer fill of country music, every week from 4 to 6pm.
Sunday the 13th- Im spinning country records at the Renegade Craft Fair (1900 S. Halsted). Shop it up, while I lay down all them choice country tunes. I spin from 2 to 4pm. No cover.
Wednesday the 16th- Set the dial to Country, My Way, WLPN 105.5 FM, and get yer fill all the finest in country music, 4 to 6pm every Wednesday. Youll be real glad you did!
Saturday the 19th- The Golden Horse Ranch holds court at the California Clipper (1002 N. California Ave). Dancin', drinkin', pickin, singin
its all the good times. Starts at 10:30pm. 2 sets. $5 cover.
Wednesday the 23rd- Another danged ol country two-fer:
1. "Country My Way"- dial it in to WLPN 105.5 FM, for a whole lotta top-notch country action. 4 to 6pm.
2. Im back at Marias Package Goods (960 W. 31st St), spinning the heck outta them country records. WLPN DJs spin every Wednesday night at this righteous local joint. 9pm to close. No cover. Be there!
Thursday the 24th- Strap in for The Mutant Hit Parade.on WLPN 105.5 FM. Its my idea of the hits! Ive got yer krautrock, yer power pop, yer soul, yer post-punk, yer psych, yer new weirds
What more could you want? 4 to 6pm, the fourth Thursday of every month.
Saturday the 26th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit with Jeremy Pinnell at Uncommon Ground (3300 N. Clark). We start it off at 8pm. Reserve a table to be sure you get a spot. $12 cover. Heres the FaceBook event, for more details. That Jeremy guy is worth checking out. Should be a cool night. We play first.
Sunday, June 24th- The 11th Annual A Day In The Country! Lineup to come, but I can tell you that Honky Tonk BBQ and Bang Bang Pie will be selling their wares, and well have a plentiful amount of Lagunitas beer. 2pm at The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). Plan on it!
More to come. See you at everything!