The Lawrencian Calendar for February and March...
Ive got a couple of items for February, and a nice pile of goods for March, but first:
The Lawrence Peters Outfit has been nominated for "Best Country And Western Performer, for the second year in a row, in the annual Chicago Music Awards! Please vote for us by midnight, Wednesday, March 8th, and please tell your friends. Cast your vote right here:
Also, please put Sunday, June 25th in your calendar, for A Day In The Country #10, at the Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). Its gonna be a goodn! Details forthcoming.
Heres the rest of the action:
Wednesday the 22nd- its a two-fer:
1. Tune into Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, on your way home, for two hours of outstanding country goods! Hear it on the net at www.lumpenradio.com. 4-6 pm, every Wednesday.
2. Im spinning country records at The Family Golds show at the California Clipper (1002 N. California). I lay down the tunes from 9pm to 10pm, and keep it going after the bands set, knocking off around 12:30am. $5 cover.
Wednesday, March 1st- Its another two-fer:
1.Tune into Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, for two hours of outstanding country goods, for your drive time. Hear it on the net at www.lumpenradio.com, from 4 to 6pm, every Wednesday.
2. Head on over to the Sportsmans Club (948 N. Western Ave.), for the whiskey soaked, bar version of "Country, My Way. 10pm. No cover.
Saturday, March 4th- The Velcro Lewis Group plays Daytrotter Festival. Trot on out to Davenport, Iowa, and let us melt yer mind with all of our newest future-funk tunes. We play at 9:30pm. $30 for single day advance tix. $35 at the door.
Wednesday, March 8th- another two-fer fer ya:
1. If you havent already done so, please cast your vote for The Lawrence Peters Outfit for "Best Country And Western Performer, in the annual Chicago Music Awards. Voting ends at midnight. We are in category #24.
2. Listen to Country, My Way on the radio at 105.5 FM, for all the country music you could need. Every Wednesday, from 4 to 6pm. www.lumpenradio.com
Wednesday, March 15th- Tune in to Country, My Way!- 105.5 FM. 4 to 6pm. www.lumpenradio.com
Saturday, March 18th- Get all dressed up, and join me at the Chicago Music Awards to see if your voting for The Lawrence Peters Outfit paid off. Hoping for another win in the "Best Country And Western Performer category. It takes place at the Stephen M. Bailey Auditorium (1340 W. Washington Blvd). 6pm for the red carpet walk, and 8pm for the awards ceremony. $36 in advance, or $50 at the door. Its a fun event, and there are many local faves in the other categories.
Wednesday, March 22nd- Listen to "Country, My Way"! 105.5 FM. Live country vinyl throw-down, from 4 to 6pm. www.lumpenradio.com
Friday, March 24th- Spinning The Mutant Hit Parade at The Charleston (2076 N. Hoyne). Its my idea of the hits, with all manner of power pop, post-punk, krautrock, soul, psych, etc. 10pm to 2am. No cover.
Saturday, March 25th- The Golden Horse Ranch Band returns to The California Clipper (1002 N. California), for another fine evening of hot pickin and sweet singin. 10:30pm. Two sets. $5.
Wednesday, March 29th- Tune into Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, for two hours of outstanding country goods, for your drive time. Hear it on the net at www.lumpenradio.com, from 4 to 6pm, every Wednesday.
Friday, March 30th- Im spinning psych records with Jeremy Cargill at the Five Star (1424 W. Chicago Ave.), from 10pm to 2am. No cover.
See you at everything!