The Lawrencian Calendar for November/December
The Lawrence Peters Outfit has been nominated for the 2018 Ameripolitan Awards!!
Big thanks to you all for making this happen, and with very little advance notice. This is roots countrys equivalent to the CMAs, and a nice push in our slow crawl to the top.
Voting doesnt start until later in November, so I'll be posting a note as soon as there is a link. Here's the site:
Wednesday the 15th- Tune in to WLPN 105.5 FM, for Country, My Way, from 4 to 6pm. Its your weekly one-stop for the goodest kinds of country music.
Sunday the 19th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit plays Chicago Honky Tonks Country Matinee at the Empty Bottle (1035 N. Western Ave.), with Barbara Clifford & The Shakin Tailfeathers. Come on by for the dancing and good times! We headline. 2pm to 4:15pm. No cover.
Wednesday the 22nd- Time for Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM. Get yer country fix, 4 to 6pm, every Wednesday.
Thursday the 23rd- Happy Thanksgiving!
Saturday the 25th- Im spinning a mix of rootsy musics at Big Star (1531 N. Damen). Ill throw down for all the hungry mo-fos, from 2 to 6pm. No cover.
Wednesday the 29th- Spinning Country, My Way," 4 to 6pm.Tune in to WLPN 105.5 FM, for an earful of stellar country goods.
Sunday, December 3rd- Im spinning country records for the Bridgeport Renegade Craft Fair (Bridgeport Art Center- 1200 W. 35th St.), representing my radio buddies, WLPN. Im on deck from 3 to 5pm.
Wednesday, December 6th- Your monthly country two-fer:
1. Spinning Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM. Tune in from 4 to 6pm for a solid mix of country classics, new and old.
2. Doing my country DJ thang at the Sportsmans Club (948 N. Western Ave.). 10pm to close. No cover.
Thursday, December 7th- Ill be playing the inaugural installment of Matt Gandurski's (lead guitar player for the Lawrence Peters Outfit, Northside Southpaws, Grit And The Double Knit...) songwriter event, at Lagunitas Taproom (2607 W. 17th St.). Each of the four talented Chicago songwriters will debut a new song, and play a 30 minute set of their other original material. 4:20 to 7:15pm. No cover.
Sunday, December 10th- Its a two-fer:
1. Im spinning outtasight country tunes at the Lumpen Craft Fair (3219 S. Morgan St.) The event runs from 11am to 6pm. I spin from 3 to 3:30pm.
2. Emmet Otters Jug-Band Christmas!! The music of Jim Hensons 1977 love note to the creative life, performed live by Eiren Caffall, Lawrence Peters, Matt Gandurski, Ari Bolles, Seth Vanek, and Kip Rainey. Starts with bonus fun for da kiddies from Adventure Sandwich, and wraps up with a set by the mighty Golden Horse Ranch Band. The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). 6pm start. $7 for kids. $10 for adults. Likely to sell out, so get em now.
Wednesday, December 13th- Spinning Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM. Two hours of country delights, from 4 to 6pm, every Wednesday.
_Wednesday, December 20th- Another country two-fer:
1. Spinning Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM. Its my weekly set of righteous country goods. 4 to 6pm. Tune in, or miss out.
2. The Lawrence Peters Outfit throws down two sets of un-ruined country music at the California Clipper (1002 N. California). Get yourself on over to this beauty of an old-school Chicago joint, and enjoy a couple hours of drinking and dancing, with your award winning country buddies. $5 cover.
Thursday, December 21st- Im spinning country records at Big Sadies Country Christmas, before, between, and after sets by those good folks. Theyll fill out the band with special guests, for a couple sets of country magic. Ill be making it count with all that good vinyl action. A holiday card sale will benefit Marwen Foundation. The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia) 9pm start. $12 cover. Come early, and stay late!
And kindly get these in your book:
Saturday, February 3rd- Its The Golden Horse Ranch Bands Barn Dance Apocalypse. Get all dressed up, and make ready for a night of dancing, drinking, and mixing, at our legendary annual square dance. Thalia Hall (1807 S. Allport, at 18th St.). 8:30pm. $18 advanced, $20 at the door (it will likely sell out).
Tuesday, February 13th- The 5th Annual Ameripolitan Awards. Join The Lawrence Peters Outfit in Memphis, TN for the big event, at The Guest House At Graceland Hotel (the Ameripolitan website has a link to reduced prices on room rates). Were up for the coveted Best Honky Tonk Group award, at roots country titan Dale Watsons yearly event. Voting starts soon. You can keep any eye on the goings-on, right here.
More to come. See you at everything!