November and December Calendar
Happy Holidays to ya! I've got a bunch of cool stuff to catch you up on, including some hot January action.
But first, here are some time sensitive items related to The Hideout's (hopefully temporary) closing 'til 2023.
1. Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas had to find a new location for this year's crowd pleaser. Not only because of the HO's hiatus, but because our Ma Otter shattered her left kneecap and needed a venue with everything on a single level. Her docs only cleared her to do one show: Friday, December 16th- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Constellation (3111 N. Western Ave). 6pm doors. 6:30pm start.Adults $20. Kids 14 and under $15. Only around 250 tix this year, so it'll sell out |fast.https://wl.seetickets.us/event/Emmet-OttersJug-BandChristmas/518873?afflky=ConstellationChicago|
2. The Hideout Accountability Group, organized by a bunch of Chicago musicians, past employees, and longtime patrons of the bar, has started a GoFundMe to give the staff some additional funds to keep them going through the cold months to come. Details about their efforts are in the campaign's description. Your generosity and support is appreciated. www.gofundme.com/f/y6kt3-relief-fund-fo…
3. Eiren Caffall, the aforementioned Ma Otter, has been bedridden because of her injury since late October, so she and her family have needed some extra help around the house. She started the "Two Birds, One Stone" GoFundMe to cover some of the added costs of being homebound, and to give a furloughed Hideout employee a chance to feel useful, and make some extra cash. I am the lucky recipient of said job and funds. We quickly reached the goal, but if you'd like to drop some extra cash in my bucket, you can do so here: www.gofundme.com/f/76e8xn-two-birds-one… Thanks!
4. The Reader's Best Of Chicago 2022 poll is taking nominations until noon (CST) on Friday, December 9th. Kindly consider putting my name in the hat for these:Best Country Band- The Lawrence Peters Outfit (under Music & Nightlife)Best Venue Bartender- Lawrence Peters (under Music & Nightlife)Best Bartender- Lawrence Peters (under Food & Drink) There are probably lots of buddies and fave joints you'll want to drop into the categories. Voting starts January 18th, 2023. chicagoreader.com/best-of-chicago/2022-…
And now, da calendar!
Wednesday the 23th- It's a two-fer:
1. Set yer device to Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, or www.lumpenradio.com for a rebroadcast of last week's bitchin' show. 4 to 6pm CST.
2. I'm spinning The Mutant Hit Parade at Marz Taproom (3630 S. Iron). 7 to 11pm. I'll provide stellar music vibes (krautrock, powerpop, soul, post-punk, psych, new weirds...), plus outstanding beers and foods. No cover.
Thursday the 24th- Gonna try for a new Mutant Hit Parade episode on the radio, but it'll more likely be a rebroadcast from the archives. Tune in to WLPN 105.5 FM Chicago, and www.lumpenradio.com to find out. 4 to 6pm CST. Either way, Happy Thanksgiving to ya!
Wednesday the 30th- Tune into Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, or www.lumpenradio.com, for classics and lost gems of country music, past and present. 4 to 6pm CST.
Saturday, December 3rd - Another two-fer:
1. The Velcro Lewis Group at Paper Machete. The Green Mill (4802 N. Broadway). 3pm start. We'll play songs at various points in the show. No cover, but donations appreciated.
2. The Velcro Lewis Group at Cole’s Bar (2338 N. Milwaukee Ave), with El Mejor and Proto Vulcan. Doors at 9pm. First band at 10pm. We headline. $12.
Sunday, December 4th- Scoot on over to The Lawrence Peters Outfit's monthly brunch residency at Fitzgerald's (6615 Roosevelt Rd, Berwyn). The award-winning country action starts at 1:30pm and knocks off at 3pm. No cover, but kindly reserve yer spot.
Wednesday, December 7th- Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, or www.lumpenradio.com. It's the goodest kinds of country music from 4 to 6pm CST.
Wednesday, December 14th- Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, or www.lumpenradio.com, 4 to 6pm CST.
Friday, December 16th- Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Our annual performance of Jim Henson’s 1977 love note to the creative life moves to Constellation (3111 N. Western Ave), with Eiren Caffall, Lawrence Peters, Matt Gandurski. Seth Vanek, Kip Rainey, Charlie Malave, and Lily Emerson. Narration by Diana Slick. The mighty Adventure Sandwich starts the show, and the night will wrap up with a pile of holiday tunes by The Emmet Otter All-Stars. 6pm doors. 6:30pm start.Adults $20. Kids 14 and under $15. Only around 250 tix this year, so it'll sell out fast.
Saturday, December 17th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit are stoked to have a spot on Chris and Heather's Country Calendar Show. It's year number twenty five for this holiday stalwart! We'll perform two of my favorite cuts by the great Lefty Frizzell. Fitzgerald's (6615 Roosevelt Rd, Berwyn). 8pm start. Tix are $30. Get 'em before they sell out
Wednesday, December 21st- Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, or www.lumpenradio.com, 4 to 6pm CST.
Wednesday, December 28th- Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, or www.lumpenradio.com, 4 to 6pm CST.
Thursday, January 19th- I'm spinning Country, My Way for a new series called Swappin' Boots- A Singles' Two-Steppin' Night, at Judson & Moore (3057 N. Rockwell). Michelle Billingsley and Wild Earp will teach dance lessons an hour before the DJ magic starts. All vinyl, and all great! 8 to 11pm. No cover.
Friday, January 27th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit heads back over to Carol’s Pub (4659 N. Clark St) for a few sets of un-ruined country music. Dance and drink yer country-lovin' booty off! 9:30pm start. $5 cover.
That's it for now. Happy Holidays to ya, and I'll see ya at them shindigs!