The Lawrencian Calendar for November
The Kickstarter campaign for the new Lawrence Peters Outfit album is live! Please take a minute to support us in this big and exciting undertaking. There are great rewards at all levels, and your support is much appreciated. Please spread the word. Ends Friday, November 29th at 11:59pm. Thanks! www.kickstarter.com/projects/lpo2/the-l?
Saturday, November 16th- Spinning "Country, My Way” at Ludlow Liquors (2959 N. California Ave). Come on by for a full night of honky tonk, bluegrass, outlaw country, western swing, and Ameripolitan classics and lesser-knowns, all on vinyl. Great drinks and grub, and the staff is friendly. 10pm to close (3am). No cover.
Wednesday, November 20th- Tune in to "Country, My Way” for the goodest kinds of country music. 4 to 6pm (CST) on WLPN 105.5 FM.
Thursday, November 21st- Spinning "The Mutant Hit Parade". Tune in to WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm CST for my monthly foray into all things krautrock, power pop, soul, post-punk, blues, new weirds…
Saturday, November 23rd- Spinning "The Mutant Hit Parade" at Marz Taproom (3630 S. Iron St). Award winning beers, tasty foods, cool staff, and friendly atmosphere. 8pm to midnight. No cover.
Wednesday, November 27th- Time again for “Country, My Way”. Tune in to WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm CST, for the good-est kinds of country music.
Friday, November 29th- Spinning "Country, My Way" at Ina Mae (1415 N. Wood St). I’ll bring the country heat to this new joint. Plenty of beers to be had, and the food is good. 9pm to midnight. No cover.
Wednesday, December 4th- Time for yer monthly country two-fer:
1. Tune in to “Country, My Way” on WLPN 105.5 FM. 4 to 6pm CST, every week.
2. Hang with me later at The Sportsman’s Club (948 N. Western Ave.), for a few more hours of live, country vinyl action. The drinks are stiff, the folks are cool, and the country music will be so very fine. 10pm to close. No cover.
Saturday, December 7th- Three stellar events:
1. Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas at The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). Matinee show at 3pm. SOLD OUT
2. Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas- evening show at 7pm. SOLD OUT
3. The Lawrence Peters Outfit plays Chris And Heather’s Country Calendar Fitzgerald’s (6615 Roosevelt Rd). We’ll be in good company, with many of our talented local pals, including Kelly Hogan, Jane Baxter Miller, Kent Kessler, Nora O’Connor, The Northside Southpaws, The Hat Stretchers, Phil Angotti, and more. We’re excited to be playing two songs by Ricky Nelson. 8pm start. We’ll go on after 10pm. $25 tix.
Saturday, December 8th- Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas at The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). Two shows: 3pm and 7pm. SOLD OUT
Saturday, December 14th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit returns to Ina Mae (1415 N. Wood St).Two sets of un-ruined country music. 9pm to midnight. No cover.
Thursday, December 19th- I’m spinning “Country, My Way” at the annual Big Sadie Holiday Show at The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). Details tba.
Alright, see you at everything!