The Lawrencian Calendar for October, and please cast your vote for The Lawrence Peters Outfit...
The upcoming month(s) are looking good. Hoping you all find plenty in here to float your boat. But first
Im stoked to announce that The Lawrence Peters Outfit was nominated for Best Honky Tonk Group for the 2019 Ameripolitan Awards!
We're honored and grateful that so many of you wrote us in for that category. Voting starts soon (was scheduled for Oct. 1st, but was delayed). Please keep an eye on the Ameripolitan site and cast your vote. Thanks!
A second piece of business:
There still some spots available at The Hideout Flea Market (Sunday, Oct. 21st- 11am to 4pm). Write me if you are interested in selling your cool stuff.
Heres the gig pile for the coming days:
Wednesday, October 3rd- my monthly country two-fer:
1. Tune in to "Country, My Way for the goodest kinds of country music. 4 to 6pm (CST) on WLPN 105.5 FM. Every Wednesday. Archived episodes on Mixcloud.
2. Time to head over to The Sportsmans Club (948 N. Western Ave.) for my monthly "Country, My Way night. Great drinks and vibes, and unbeatable country vinyl goods, spun by yours truly. 10pm start. No cover.
Friday the 5th- Ill be spinning "Country, My Way at The Skylark Lounge (140 S. Broadway) in Denver, CO! Ill start it off at 8pm sharp, with a 90 minute set, followed by White Rose Motor Oil and my good buddy Kris Harris band The Heresies headlining the night. Ill spin the goods between and after those good folks, with a goodly amount of small label Denver 45s. $5 cover. Come on by!
Wednesday the 10th- Its time for "Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM. Ill be in Denver, so my robot counterpart will be playing its faves. 4 to 6pm (CST).
Wednesday the 17th- Power up the ol radio, and tune it to "Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM. Hoping Ill have some new gems from the Mile High City to spin for ya. Tune in and find out! 4 to 6pm (CST).
Sunday the 21st- Hosting an autumn version of The Hideout Flea Market. Come by for all manner of bargain and fancy goods, including records, vintage western wear, music gear, housewares, arts, crafts and more. Ill have a booth of country records, vintage clothing, and various coolness. 11am to 4pm at the Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia) No cover.
Wednesday the 24th- another mighty country two-fer:
1. Tune right on in to "Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM. Its the goodest kinds of country music, 4 to 6pm (CST) every Wednesday. Tell a friend!
2. Im spinning "Country, My Way for the good people of Bridgeport at Marias Packaged Goods (960 W. 31st St.). 9pm to close. No cover.
Thursday the 25th- Set the dial to WLPN 105.5 FM for "The Mutant Hit Parade" my monthly foray into all things krautrock, power pop, soul, post-punk, blues, new weirds
4 to 6pm (CST).
Saturday the 27th- Spinning "The Mutant Hit Parade" at Marz Taproom (3630 S. Iron St.) for da cool kids, and that means you. 8pm to midnight. No cover.
Wednesday the 31st- Put on yer country listening shoes for "Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm (CST). As always, the goodest kinds of country music, for your listening enjoymentation. Kindly spread the word!
Heads-up for November:
Wednesday, November 7th- yer friendly neighborhood country two-fer:
1. "Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm (CST). Get countrified!
2. "Country, My Way at the Sportsmans Club (984 N. Western Ave). Tasty drinks! Nice folks! Cool vibes! See ya there from 10pm to close. No cover.
Saturday, November 17th- Spinning "The Mutant Hit Parade" at Marz Taproom (3630 S. Iron St). 8pm to close.
And all the way off in December:
Friday, December 7th- Get on over to The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia) for The Lawrence Peters Outfit, with Los Gallos and Horseshoe Bender. Gonna be a killer night of music, with un-ruined country, Norteno, Tex-Mex, bluegrass, and Americana all taking a victory lap. Other details t.b.a.
More to come. See you at everything!