The Lawrencian Calendar for December and beyond, and please cast your vote for The Lawrence Peters Outfit...
Hello good peoples,
My winter is proving to be a veritable Nachos Supreme of gigs. Help yerselves to the tasty goods, and come back for seconds. Alright!
First, If you havent already done so, please vote for The Lawrence Peters Outfit, for Best Honky Tonk Group. http://vote.ballotblaster.com/#/webBallots/79 Its not very intuitive, so Ive included instructions* at the bottom of this page. Thanks for your support on this.
Secondly, I was interviewed by local photographer and country music lover, Paul Vriend, for his Ten Questions With series. It turned out real good. You can find it here: www.ashotofhonkytonk.com
Also, heres last weeks episode of "Country, My Way- www.mixcloud.com/lumpenradio/country-my-way-with-lawrence-peters-11-28-2018/
Wednesday the 5th- its a bonafide country two-fer:
1. "Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm (CST). Chock fulla country good times. Yow!
2. Its my monthly "Country, My Way night at the Sportsmans Club (984 N. Western Ave). 10pm to close. No cover.
Thursday the 6th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit will be on The Steve Cochran Show, on WGN 720 AM. Well be playing some songs and catching up with my ol buddy Justin Kaufmann, about the wonderful world of country music, including the Lawrence Peters Outfit show on Dec. 7th. 9:30 to 10am. Tune in!
Friday the 7th- Get on over to The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia) for The Lawrence Peters Outfit, with Los Gallos and Horseshoe Bender. Gonna be a killer night of music, with un-ruined country, Norteno, Tex-Mex, bluegrass, and Americana all taking a victory lap. 9pm start. We play the middle spot at 10pm, and well be shooting the first part of our set for a music video for our upcoming record. Get yer tix, and come ready to dance, in your country finery. https://www.hideoutchicago.com/event/1789490-lawrence-peters-outfit-los-chicago/
Saturday the 8th- a mixed genre two-fer:
1. Emmet Otters Jug-Band Christmas at The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). Adventure Sandwich opens, and The Golden Horse Ranch Band closes the show. 4pm start. 3:30pm doors. $10 kids aged 3 to 14. $15 for adults and kids 14 and up. Sold out!
2. Velcro Lewis Group at Cafe Mustache (2313 N. Milwaukee Ave), with Bucket Brigade, and Jivin Ivan. 9pm start.
Sunday the 9th- Emmet Otters Jug-Band Christmas, with The Golden Horse Ranch Band, and Adventure Sandwich. Both shows sold out!
Wednesday the 12th- Tune into "Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm (CST), for all of the goodest kinds of country music. Tell a friend!
Saturday the 15th- Holy crap, its another two-fer!
1. Im spinning Country, My Way at the Wild Life Flea Market at Co-Prosperity Sphere (3219 S. Morgan St). Get some shopping in, and enjoy the living f out of some dy-no-mite country tunes. All vinyl, and all good! Runs from 11am to 6pm, and Im on deck from 2 to 3pm.
2. Spinning "The Mutant Hit Parade" at Marz Taproom (3630 S. Iron St). Get your share of krautrock, power pop, soul, post-punk, new weirds
8pm to close. No cover.
Sunday the 16th- Ill be selling country records, western wear, sweaters... at The Honky Tonk Matinee Christmas Pop-Up. With The Western Elstons, The Modern Sound, and DJ J.B. Duckett. Noon to 5pm. No cover.
Wednesday the 19th- Set yer dial for "Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm (CST), and help yerself to a heap of country goodness.
Saturday the 22nd- Spinning "Country, My Way at Big Sadies Christmas show. The Hideout (1354 W. Wabansia). Ill start the country vibes going at 9pm, and spin more goods after Big Sadies set. More details t.b.a.
Wednesday, January 2nd- Its my monthly country two-fer:
1. "Country, My Way, on WLPN 105.5 FM, 4 to 6pm (CST). Get an earful of the goodest kinds of country, every dang week!
2. Its time for my monthly "Country, My Way night at the Sportsmans Club (984 N. Western Ave). All vinyl, and a whole lotta good times! 10pm to close. No cover.
Thursday, January 10th- Spinning "Country, My Way for David Quinn s show at The California Clipper (1002 N. California Ave). I start it off at 9pm, with a solid hour of vinyl country glory, and another 90 minute knockout, after Mr. Quinns set. $5 cover.
Saturday, January 12th- The Golden Horse Ranch Bands 14th Annual Barn Dance Apocalypse at Thalia Hall (1807 S. Allport). 8pm. Tix on sale now. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/14th-annual-barn-dance-apocalypse-thalia-hall-tickets-52421394803
Sunday, January 13th- Spinning a special early evening "Country, My Way at Montrose Saloon (2933 W Montrose). If my other country DJ nights are too late for your schedule, this one is for you. Came by after brunch, or what have you, and soak up some weekend beers while I lay down a few hours of country greats and lesser-known gems. 3 to 7pm. No cover.
Also, consider ducking in to the Montrose Saloon (2933 W Montrose), and checking out their beautiful jukebox. I have curated the country section: three rows of country magic, and all on 45rpm vinyl. Complete restock every month. Alright!
Check out my instagram @lawrence22peters for pics of this beautiful beast, as well as posts from my radio shows, and other groovy stuff.
*Here are the instructions for voting for The Lawrence Peters Outfit, for Best Honky Tonk Group:
You can vote for just us, or fill in as many categories as you like. The site isnt what Id call intuitive, so heres how to insure that youve cast your vote:
1. Go to http://vote.ballotblaster.com/#/webBallots/79
2. Scroll down to Honky Tonk Group (3rd section)
3. Click on Lawrence Peters Outfit. Our picture and name will appear at the top of the page.
4. Click on Vote For Lawrence Peters Outfit. A check mark will appear to the left of our name (and our name will be highlighted in red in the section below)
5. Click on the little house symbol at the top left, to return to the home page
6. When you are back on the home page, scroll down and click on Review And Cast Ballot (it will be highlighted in red)
7. Enter your email address, and click on Submit (green button on the left)
Please spread the word. This is an important honor for us, and winning it would be a big deal.
Voting ends Dec. 31st. You can also get tickets for the awards event, on Monday, February 25th. Theres a weekend of cool events leading up to it. The shindig happens in Memphis, TN. Maybe see ya there.
More to come. See you at everything!