The Lawrencian Calendar for August and beyond...
Lotsa real cool action coming up:
1. Nominations are now being taken for the 2020 Ameripolitan Awards! Please take a coupla seconds to fill in the form on their site.
You'll need to fill each line, but you dont have to fill in all three choices in that line (male, female, group). You can enter just one. Here are some suggestions to cut and paste into the blanks under the categories. Should just take a second.
As Chicagos Country-est Mofo I am hoping youll consider me for these three:
Honky Tonk- David Quinn, Tommy Ash, The Lawrence Peters Outfit
Rockabilly- Linda Gail Lewis
Western Swing- Pearls Mahone, Bill And The Belles
Ameripolitan Venue- Montrose Saloon
Ameripolitan Festival- A Day In The Country
Ameripolitan Musician- Joel Paterson
Ameripolitan DJ- Lawrence Peters: Country, My Way
Thanks! Please spread the word.
2. Im starting a Kickstarter campaign to finish The Lawrence Peters Outfits 2nd album. I have a few steps to complete before its official (Ill send an announcement when it goes live), but a lot of folks have asked about our progress, and its exciting to have something to share about that. Will keep you posted!
3. The Golden Horse Ranch Band is doing a new event at Thalia Hall, called Neon Moon In The Afternoon: A Honky Tonk Hoedown.
Well be playing some of the finest country songs of the 80s and 90s, and leading the good people of Chicago through an afternoon of line dancing, an all the good times.
The date is Sunday, October 6th. 2pm start. Tickets go on sale in the next week, or so. Meanwhile, please put it in your calendar.
Alright, thanks for your patience on the pre-event pile. Heres the calendar for August, and beyond:
Wednesday, August 21st- Tune yer radio-like device to WLPN 105.5 FM for more country magic with Country, My Way 4 to 6pm CST, every week.
Thursday, August 22nd- Catch "The Mutant Hit Parade on WLPN 105.5 FM. Its my monthly foray into the wonderful world of krautrock, power pop, blues, psych, soul, post-punk, new weirds... 4 to 6pm CST.
Friday, August 23rd- The Lawrence Peters Outfit plays Picnics On The Porch at The Hideout (1354 W. Wabanisa). Come on by for two sets of un-ruined country music, with yer local honky tonk buddies. 6pm start. $10. There will be box dinners available, and the good ol Hideout will be serving them beers and liquors.
Saturday, August 24th- Im spinning the Mutant Hit Parade at Marz Taproom (3630 S. Iron St). All kinda cool tunes for yer drinking and fooding pleasure. 8pm to 12am. No cover.
Wednesday August 28th- Its one of those rare mixed two-fers:
1. Set yer dial to "Country, My Way on WLPN 105.5 FM. Get all the country music you need, from Chicagos country-est mofo. 4 to 6pm CST. Make it a weekly good habit.
2. Im spinning records for the Gone Valley show at The California Clipper (1002 N. California). Ill get into a variety of tunes, including county, folk. psych, Americana, pop, soul
Ill start it off from 9 to 10pm. Gone Valley will play a set, and Ill round out the night with another 90 minutes of kool vibes. No cover.
Wednesday, September 4th- Yer monthly country two-fer:
1. "Country, My Way WLPN 105.5 FM. 4 to 6pm CST. Every Wednesday!
2. Get on over to The Sportsmans Club (948 N. Western Ave) for my monthly all-vinyl country night. 10pm to close. No cover.
Saturday, September 7th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit plays three sets at Larrys Patio At The Lawrence House (1020 W. Lawrence Ave). Gonna be a real good night of country music, with yer award winning honky tonk buddies. 6 to 9pm. No cover.
Sunday, September 8th- Im spinning Country, My Way at Renegade Craft Fair (Division St, between Damen and Ashland). Im starting it off, with an 11am to 1pm set. No cover.
Tuesday, September 10th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit plays two sets at City Winery On The Riverwalk (between Dearborn and State). 5:30 to 8pm. No cover.
Friday, September 27th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit is playing with Black Lips at Sleeping Village (3734 W. Belmont). Richard Vain plays first. 9pm start. $20 adv, $22 at the door. Will likely sell out. 9:30pm.
Sunday, October 6th- The Golden Horse Ranch Band's Neon Moon In The Afternoon- A Honky Tonk Hoedown. Well be playing a whole lotta 80s and 90s country songs for your line dancing pleasure. 2 to 6pm. More info tba.
Also, you can still pick up the Smashed Plastic compilation, from their recent grand opening party. The Lawrence Peters Outfit has a few tracks on there from that nights performance. Get yer vinyl copy from Bric-A-Brac Records.
Alright, see you at everything!
Also, you can still pick up the Smashed Plastic compilation, from their recent grand opening party. The Lawrence Peters Outfit has a few tracks on there from that nights performance. Order your vinyl copy from Bric-A-Brac Records. I dont know when this offer ends, so itd be ideal to get on it now, if you are interested.
More to come. See you at everything!