The Lawrencian Calendar for August
August is looking mighty fine. Check out these outtasight offerings:
Wednesday the 8th- Tune in to WLPN 105.5 FM for Country, My Way, yer weekly helping of the goodest kinds of country music. 4 to 6pm, every Wednesday. Its the 100th episode! www.lumpenradio.com
Saturday the 11th- Spinning The Mutant Hit Parade at Marz Taproom (3630 S. Iron St). Get yer fill of the craft beers and snacky options, while I throw down the krautrock, power pop, soul, post-punk
8pm to midnight. No cover.
Sunday the 12th- An exciting Lawrence Peters Outfit two-fer:
1. The Lawrence Peters Outfit returns to the beloved Chicago Honky Tonk Matinee at The Empty Bottle (1035 N. Western Ave), with St. Louis titan W.T. Newton. 1:30pm start. Gonna be some primo two-steppin, waltzin', swingin action. We headline. No cover.
2. The Lawrence Peters Outfit provides the honky tonkin' for a Big Star pop-up at Ludlow Liquors (2959 N. California Ave.). We start around 6:30pm, and play a coupla sets. No cover.
Wednesday the 15th- The Lawrence Peters Outfit plays Michigan Plaza (Michigan Ave. and Lake St). Kind of a lunch breaky thing: 11:45am to 1:30pm. No cover.
Saturday the 17th- The Golden Horse Ranch Band plays Summer Dance (601 S. Michigan Ave). One of the best events there is. Truly Chicago at its finest. Dance lesson from 6 to 7pm. Square and line dancing from 7:30 to 9:30pm. No cover.
Saturday the 18th- Im spinning a mix of country, blues, rock n roll, and other flavors of Americana at the Irving Park Barber Shop customer appreciation party. The Globe (1934 W. Irving Park Rd). Ill spin before and between sets by The Thousandaires, and Blind Adam & The Federal League. 5pm start.
Wednesday the 22nd- You know the drill: tune er into WLPN 105.5 FM (www.lumpenradio.com) for another two hours of the country good stuff, that I call Country, My Way. 4 to 6pm. Tell a friend.
Thursday the 23rd- Its an early-starting two-fer:
1. The Lawrence Peters Outfit is playing the courtyard at 600 W. Chicago Ave. 11:45am to 2pm. Another lunchtime hang. Bring yer sammich. No cover.
2. Get that radio set to WLPN 105.5 FM for this months The Mutant Hit Parade. Got yer krautrock, yer power pop, yer sweet soul music, yer post-punk. "Peel slowly and see. 4 to 6pm. (www.lumpenradio.com)
Wednesday the 29th- Its another one of those country two-fers:
1. Set it and forget it to WLPN 105.5 FM for Country, My Way. Im tearing up the airwaves with the goodest kinds of country music from 4 to 6pm. Every Wednesday, dontcha know. (www.lumpenradio.com)
2. Spinning Country, My Way at Marias Packaged Goods (960 W. 31st St). Come hang with me at this legendary Bridgeport joint. Lotsa stellar draft options, and cocktails, and Kimski is right next door for some groovy snacks. 9pm to close. No cover.
More to come. See you at everything!